Internet Explorer is a web browser that is used to view web pages and comes integrated with the Windows operating system. The Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) version of Internet Explorer dethroned the Internet Explorer 6 version. Connectivity issues arise when sometimes Internet Explorer tries to open web pages or websites. Troubleshooting internet problems like this can be done in a few and simple steps.
- If you have very slow speeds while surfing the web, make it a habit to delete the history once in a while. Deleting your history that includes the cookies and temporary internet files can speed up your web browsing experience.
- To delete the history, open Internet Explorer and from the list of options available at the top, select Tools. From the drop down list, select Internet options. When you open internet options, there will be a button called Delete. Select that button and select the Delete files option. If you want to remove all your surfing information including passwords, files, cookies etc. you can click on the option titled Delete all.
- If you have any issues with the downloaded toolbars and ActiveX applications, it is advisable that you reset the browser.
To reset the browser
- Open Internet Explorer and from the list of options available, click on the Tools button.
- From the different options available, click on Internet options.
- A tab by the name Advanced will be present and you will need to select that.
- In that, an option called Reset will be present. You will need to click that.
- In the window named Reset Internet Explorer settings, click on Reset.
- Choose the Close button when the task is complete and select the Ok button.
- Now, close Internet Explorer and reopen it.
Still if you are facing issues troubleshooting Internet Explorer, you will need to uninstall and reinstall it. To uninstall Internet Explorer 7, you will need to click on the Start button, and select Run. In the field provided, type "appwiz.cpl" and click on Ok. A new window will open and from the list of programs present, you have to select Internet Explorer 7. Now to uninstall it, you need to click on the Remove button. Now the Internet Explorer will be deleted completely.
If you still have issues troubleshooting Internet Explorer settings, you can contact the Microsoft help and support center.