Microsoft Outlook, a very popular email client application, performs many roles such as an email manager, contact manager and group scheduler. It helps you organize your email messages by grouping them into different folders, customize your messages by changing the appearance and font, including many other functions.
Outlook synchronizes different email accounts and allows you to access all your messages from a single platform. You can configure the program as your email manager in your smart phone too. Because of its multi-function feature, the program is susceptible to performance issues. When you have many email accounts synced to your Outlook program, it is normal for your Outlook to take more time to load email messages. Hence, you need to optimize the program to work well with your specifications. Follow these Outlook Help guidelines to tweak your Outlook program towards optimum efficiency.
• Launch your Microsoft Outlook application.
• Go to your Inbox messages folder. Outlook’s performance could slow down if there are too many messages in this folder. Select multiple email messages by marking the checkboxes next to it, and then click and drag by holding down the left mouse key over to a new folder on the left pane of the program window.
• Another option is to setup archive settings in your Inbox folder. Doing this will clear the inbox folder automatically. Right-click over the Inbox folder and select “Properties” from the popup menu. Select the “AutoArchive” tab and click on the drop down date box to select the cycle as to how long you want an email to be kept in your Inbox folder before it is archived. You can set the archive cycle depending on the frequency and the number of emails you get on a regular basis. Choose “Daily” or “Weekly” from the drop down list, if you get hundreds of messages daily. Choose “Monthly”, if the incoming message count is few.
• Next option is to clear your Trash folder. Right-click over the Trash folder on the left pane on Outlook window and select the option “Empty”. Repeat the same for Spam folder too. You may also empty the Trash/Recycle Bin folder of your computer.
• Now restart Microsoft Outlook to take effect the changes.
Learn more about such tips and tricks by going to Outlook Help menu. In case you need advanced help, seek assistance from Outlook support team.