If you are looking forward to upgrade your laptop, then you have just hit the bull’s eye! Here in this article, I have come up with some simple techniques and tips that will help you in upgrading and repairing your laptop easily, all by yourselves. Go through these computer repair tips given below to get this done.
- You can begin the process by running a scan from your operating system’s troubleshooting tools section. By doing so, you will be able to find out whether your computer hardware or software is not functioning properly. There are a few troubleshooting applications that will be able to find out the reason for issues in your laptop.
- Try troubleshooting your laptop in order to find out if the section that is malfunctioning is the one that is easy to repair, upgrade or replace. Upgradable components in a laptop include the CPU, memory, hard disk, CD or DVD-ROM, Ethernet or wireless Internet cards, USB and Fire wire ports. Those components that are difficult or unable to get upgraded are namely motherboard and video card.
- You can get the necessary assistance from your laptop manual that will help you in determining the right kind of hardware for your laptop upgrade. Variations in laptop hardware include speed, size, and the type of connector used on the hardware.
- Get your computer system ready for hardware repair or replacement by disassembling the system. Power your laptop computer until it gets fully charged and then unplug it, and remove the battery. Go through the instructions given in your laptop manual to open your computer and remove the component that you would like to replace.
- You can clean the inner section of your computer using a can of compressed air, making sure to keep the nozzle at least 2 inches from the hardware in your computer. Give at most care to the area from which you removed your hardware.
- Follow the instructions to install the replacement hardware in your laptop as per the steps given in the user manual. Reassemble the laptop, connect the battery and power, and power the laptop on to test the hardware. In case you need to power your upgraded hardware, you need to install the respective drivers.